*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
Take the road less traveled with National Geographic Back Roads Explorer and span terrain stretching from the Pacific to the Atlantic Ocean. With nationwide, customizable topographic maps on 17 CD-ROMs, you can discover the coveted towns, lakes, summits, beaches and landmarks of the United States. Seamlessly scroll across multiple 3D shaded relief maps. Add symbols, routes, or text. Print or export your personalized maps to your Palm or Pocket PC, or use your GPS to navigate custom maps to backroads destinations. Whether your traveling spirit takes you to a hunting or fishing ground, a hiking trail or a scenic drive, Back Roads Explorer puts the best of the United States at your fingertips.
Back Roads Explorer features:
* Nearly 2,000 USGS topo maps with updated streets & highways
* Distance display
* Elevation profiles
* Route loading preparation for transfer to handheld device
* Seamless scrolling and printing across multiple maps
Imagine: a customizable atlas for every state!
* Seamless USGS topographic maps of the entire United States
* Updated with current roads and streets
* 3D shaded relief
* Export maps to Palm or Pocket PC
* Load your GPS with personal routes & waypoints
* Customize and print photo-quality maps
Hikers, Hunters, Fishermen, Travelers, and Outdoor Enthusiasts alike hit the road with seamless topographic maps at ten times the detail of a standard world atlas! Need more inspiration? The USA Place Finder feature provides more than one million GPS waypoints for popular locations.
* Draw routes and calculate elevation profiles
* Add text, symbols and routes
* Print specified areas or entire photo-quality maps
* Add digital or scanned photos
* Insert notes and web links
Export maps to your Palm or Pocket PC. Load waypoints to your GPS.
486/66 MHz processor or higher PC, Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, or XP, 16 MB RAM, 2x CD-ROM drive, 256-color monitor, Printer (optional)